The industrial-grade NetComm Wireless 3G Multiport WiFi M2M Router (NTC-8000) supports vehicular use and provides a secure and powerful connection to multiple remote devices and mobile assets virtually anywhere. The NTC-8000 supports multi-device Machine-to-Machine (M2M) deployments by enabling the connection and remote management of multiple WiFi enabled mobile devices and up to 8 Ethernet devices simultaneously.
The NTC-8000 has successfully been deployed at ferry wharves, train stations, buses and bus depots as part of the NSW State Government's Opal Card project undertaken by Cubic Transportation Systems; giving ticketing devices the intelligence to: remotely manage ticketing, validate ticketing information, upload the data to a central database and conserve power.
As well as integrating with all ticketing system infrastructure, the powerful NTC-8000 continues to support Cubic's extensive maintenance, monitoring and support systems by providing the remote management capabilities needed to make updates, resolve issues and provide real-time support from a central office over Telstra’s 3G network.
Vibration proof with an extended temperature range, the NTC-8000 is built to withstand harsh industrial and on-road conditions; and has the flexibility to support M2M applications in any vertical industry sector to achieve M2M objectives in areas such as transportation, health, energy, retail and security.
Featuring 8 Ethernet ports, the NTC-8000 reduces total system costs by negating the need for an additional industrial grade Ethernet switch to connect external devices to the router. Its powerful processor, which runs an embedded Linux based OS, is an ideal Edge Processor allowing customised IoT applications to be added using the NetComm Wireless Software Development Kit (SDK).
The NTC-8000 features:
- Industrial-grade fixed wireless gateway with extended temperature tolerance
- Designed for rugged deployments in industrial applications
- Tested for vehicular applications Class 5M2 and MIL-STD-810F Method 516.5
- Ideal for providing primary and backup wireless connectivity over 3G UMTS networks
- 802.11n WiFi, configurable as access point or network client, with 2x2 MIMO antenna technology
- Powerful processor for optimal performance on advanced 3G UMTS networks
- 8 x Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) ports for universal deployment
- Flexible DC power input to suit diverse installation environments
- Power save mode with minimum current draw
- Built-in VPN clients for a secure connection over a public cellular network
- Embedded Linux based OS and Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Remote diagnostics, configuration and firmware upgrade capabilities
- Management and configuration via web user interface, TR-069, SNMP or SMS
- Optional mounting bracket for easy mounting/installation